BOSTON – Senator Sonia Chang-Díaz has announced neighborhood office hours for the Summer of 2018. Office Hours, held by Sen. Chang-Díaz and her staff, will take place within each of the neighborhoods of the Second Suffolk District.
Senator Chang-Díaz encourages residents and interested parties to attend and discuss any community, regional, or statewide issue of concern. Office hours will be held at the following times and locations. Please note that there are both morning and evening office hours.
1. Mission Hill – Tuesday, June 12, 8:30-9:30AM Mike’s Donut, 1524 Tremont St, Mission Hill. Description: Pick up a delicious donut and then join Communications Director & Mission Hill Liaison Joshua Wolfsun to talk local issues and State House updates.
2. Dorchester – Wed, June 13, 6-8PM. Mass Innovation Night, 41 Geneva Ave, Dorchester. Description: Stop by Mass Innovation Night to talk with Legislative Aide, Maia Raynor, about community issues and big updates from the State House.
3. Mattapan – Thursday, June 14, 5-6PM, Mattapan Branch of the Boston Public Library, 1350 Blue Hill Ave, Mattapan. Description: Join Sen. Chang-Díaz and her Legislative Aide, Maia Raynor, at the opening reception for a new art show, and share your thoughts about the district.
4. Roxbury – Thursday, June 14, 7-8PM, Haley House, 12 Dade Street, Roxbury, MA 02119. Description: Grab your morning coffee with Sen. Chang-Díaz and join Legislative Aide Maia Raynor to talk about what’s going on in the neighborhood.
5. Jamaica Plain –Friday, June 15, 9:30-10:30AM, JP Branch of the Boston Public Library, 30 South St, Jamaica Plain. Description: Grab your weekend page turner and talk about issues in the neighborhood with Legislative Aide Ethan Smith.
6. South End – Tuesday, June 19, 9:30-10:30AM, Anna Bissonnette House (Hearth, Inc.), 1640 Washington Street, South End, 02118. Description: Join Legislative Director Ernesto Reyes Hernández to talk about what’s going on in the neighborhood.
7. Roslindale – Wednesday, June 20, 5-6PM, Roslindale Public Library, 4246 Washington Street, Roslindale. Description: Pick up some light reading and join Bilingual Senior Assistant Escarolyn Garcia to discuss the neighborhood and upcoming issues facing the Commonwealth.
Those who cannot attend these office hours can contact Sen. Chang-Díaz’s office at 617-722-1673, email Sonia.Chang-Diaz@masenate.gov, or stop by her State House office, located in Room 111 on the first floor of the State House for assistance.
Any questions regarding the Senator’s office hours can be directed to her Communications Director, Joshua Wolfsun, at 617-722-1673 or Joshua.Wolfsun@masenate.gov.
FAIR USE NOTICE
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is available without profit for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
State Sen. Sonia Chang-Diaz, D-Suffolk, and Atyia Martin, former chief resiliency officer for Boston, joined Jim Braude to talk about the key takeaways from the COVID Oversight Hearing.
A senior-level director in charge of COVID-19 vaccination equity and an allocation of $10 million to community organizations for outreach and engagement in communities of color are part of a list of five demands outlined Wednesday by a new coalition seeking to address what they say are serious racial injustices in the state's vaccine distribution plan.