BOSTON – Senator Sonia Chang-Díaz has announced neighborhood office hours for November 2018. Office Hours, held by Sen. Chang-Díaz and her staff, will take place within each of the neighborhoods of the Second Suffolk District.
These office hours are a great opportunity to discuss any community or statewide issues and hear about what’s going on at the State House. Office hours will be held at the following times and locations. Please note that there are both morning and evening office hours.
1. Dorchester – Wednesday, November 7, 4:30-6PM, Grove Hall Library, 41 Geneva Ave. Description: Refresh your reading list and chat with Legislative Aide Maia Raynor about what’s been happening at the State House.
2. Mission Hill – Thursday, November 8, 8:30-9:30AM, Mike’s Donuts. Description: Pick up a delicious donut and then join Communications Director Joshua Wolfsun to talk local updates and upcoming legislation.
3. Roslindale – Thursday, November 8, 4-5PM, Roslindale Library, 4246 Washington Street. Description: Grab your next page-turner and talk with Legislative Aide Ethan Smith about all the latest updates from the State House.
4. South End – Tuesday, November 13, 9-10AM, ABCD South End, 554 Columbus Ave. Description: Join Legislative Director Ernesto Reyes Hernández to discuss local issues and the upcoming legislation.
5. Roxbury – Tuesday, November 13, 5-6:30PM, Bruce C. Bolling Building, 2300 Washington Street. Description: Sit down with Sen. Chang-Díaz and her Legislative Aide, Maia Raynor, to talk about what’s going on in the neighborhood.
6. Mattapan – Tuesday, November 13, 7-8PM, Food & Fitness Coalition Meeting, Mildred Ave Community Center, 5 Mildred Ave. Description: Stop by during the Food & Fitness Coalition Meeting to talk with Senator Chang-Díaz and her Legislative Aide, Maia Raynor, about issues in the neighborhood & State House.
7. Jamaica Plain – Saturday, November 17, 11:30AM-12:30PM, Jamaica Plain Library, 30 South Street. Description: Grab your weekend page turner and talk about issues in the neighborhood with Legislative Aide Ethan Smith.
Those who cannot attend these office hours can contact Sen. Chang-Díaz’s office at 617-722-1673, email Sonia.Chang-Diaz@masenate.gov, or stop by her State House office, located in Room 111 on the first floor of the State House for assistance.
Any questions regarding the Senator’s office hours can be directed to her Communications Director, Joshua Wolfsun, at 617-722-1673 or Joshua.Wolfsun@masenate.gov.
FAIR USE NOTICE
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is available without profit for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
State Sen. Sonia Chang-Diaz, D-Suffolk, and Atyia Martin, former chief resiliency officer for Boston, joined Jim Braude to talk about the key takeaways from the COVID Oversight Hearing.
A senior-level director in charge of COVID-19 vaccination equity and an allocation of $10 million to community organizations for outreach and engagement in communities of color are part of a list of five demands outlined Wednesday by a new coalition seeking to address what they say are serious racial injustices in the state's vaccine distribution plan.