Senator Sonia Chang-Díaz has announced neighborhood office hours for the Spring of 2018. Office Hours, held by Sen. Chang-Díaz and her staff, will take place within each of the neighborhoods of the Second Suffolk District.
Senator Chang-Díaz encourages residents and interested parties to attend and discuss any community, regional, or statewide issue of concern. Office hours will be held at the following times and locations. Please note that there are both morning and evening office hours.
1. Roxbury – Monday, February 26, 9-10AM, Haley House, 12 Dade Street, Roxbury, MA 02119. Description: Grab your morning coffee with Legislative Aide Maia Raynor and Bilingual Senior Assistant Escarolyn Garcia to talk about what’s going on in the neighborhood.
2. Mattapan – Wednesday, November 28, 5-6PM, Mattapan Branch of the Boston Public Library, 1350 Blue Hill Ave, Mattapan. Description: Come take a break with a book and talk about local issues and latest news with Legislative Aide Maia Raynor.
3. Dorchester – Monday, March 5, 5-6PM. Grove Hill Branch of the Boston Public Library, 41 Geneva Ave, Dorchester. Description: Stop by to talk with Senator Chang-Díaz and her Legislative Aide, Maia Raynor, about community issues and big updates from the State House.
4. Mission Hill – Tuesday, March 6, 9:30-10:30AM Mike’s Donut, 1524 Tremont St, Mission Hill. Description: Pick up a delicious donut and then join Senator Chang-Díaz and her Communications Director, Joshua Wolfsun, to talk local updates.
5. South End – Tuesday, March 6, 10-11AM, South End Community Health Center, 1601 Washington St, Boston, MA, 02118. Description: Join Legislative Director Ernesto Reyes Hernández to talk about what’s going on in the neighborhood.
6. Hyde Park – Wednesday, March 7, 10-11AM, Fuente de Vida, 130 Bradlee St, Hyde Park. Description: Join Legislative Director Ernesto Reyes Hernández to discuss local senior services and hear updates from the State House.
7. Jamaica Plain –Friday, March 9, 9:30-10:30AM, JP Branch of the Boston Public Library, 30 South St, Jamaica Plain. Description: Grab your weekend page turner and talk about issues in the neighborhood with Legislative Aide Ethan Smith.
Those who cannot attend these office hours can contact Sen. Chang-Díaz’s office at 617-722-1673, email Sonia.Chang-Diaz@masenate.gov, or stop by her State House office, located in Room 111 on the first floor of the State House for assistance.
Any questions regarding the Senator’s office hours can be directed to her Communications Director, Joshua Wolfsun, at 617-722-1673 or Joshua.Wolfsun@masenate.gov.
FAIR USE NOTICE
This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is available without profit for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
State Sen. Sonia Chang-Diaz, D-Suffolk, and Atyia Martin, former chief resiliency officer for Boston, joined Jim Braude to talk about the key takeaways from the COVID Oversight Hearing.
A senior-level director in charge of COVID-19 vaccination equity and an allocation of $10 million to community organizations for outreach and engagement in communities of color are part of a list of five demands outlined Wednesday by a new coalition seeking to address what they say are serious racial injustices in the state's vaccine distribution plan.